Friday, February 17, 2012

Q and A after Practice AP Essay Exam

  • What was easy/expected?
  • What was difficult/unexpected?
  • What did you learn about the AP questions?
  • What did you learn about your own performance under pressure?
  • How will this experience influence your preparation for the actual exam?
I am happy that we became well acquainted with the books enough to draw from the literature to write the essay, so it was easy to do that. The difficult part was organizing the the essay and deciding how to structure it. From the AP questions, I learned that we should not merely summarize the plot. Also, they ask multiple questions within the prompt, so you have to find a way to organize them. I worked well under pressure and was able to outline my entire essay and write an introduction. This experience has taught me that I need to work on essay structure, considering the prompts were organized in a very similar fashion. If you can be the boss of one AP English Lit prompt, then you can be the boss of all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment