Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Big Question

How does one reach greatness?
Since I was a child I have defined greatness as one who has overcome great odds to reach a goal. Yet, it seems like many mainstream rappers or even tv hosts are proclaiming themselves "The Greatest". I have always wanted to achieve greatness. That moment when you are the best in the entire world! Whether it be to hold the gold medal in the Olympics, to win a nobel prize, or even create something that helps humanity! That is where I want to be, I want to know what it takes to be a remarkable great person.

4 comments:

  1. Have a look at John Wooden's "Pyramid of Success" and find the block entitled, "Competitive Greatness." If Coach Wooden's definition is the same as yours, consider researching what enables some people to rise to the occasion and do their best when their best is needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you have such self-determination and I know that in reality you ask this question according to you and the greatness you wish to achieve. This question fits you very well and it was very well presented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this question and I'm sure that a lot of people wonder the same thing. It also made me think, who would be considered to be the most successful person in the world. Great question Becca.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betzy- Thank you, and that is true! haha I believe that greatness is in everyone, but only some people know how to cultivate it.
    Marisol- That is a great idea Marisol, I'll have to add that to my research project!

    ReplyDelete